Solar Window & Door Inc.
Your full-service Salt Lake Window, Door, and Glass Company Serving the Salt Lake Valley and the Entire Wasatch Front
Summer Fun In Salt Lake City
- Red Butte Garden Outdoor Concert Series. This beautiful garden is located on the east side of Salt Lake City near the University Utah Campus. The Red Butte Garden hosts some amazing musical talent all summer long. To start it off. Bryan Adams will play June 12th and continue to play all the way through to September. Finishing off the summer will be Billy Idol on the 17th.
- Hit the biking/hiking trails. The east bench of the Wasatch Front is covered with amazing outdoor trails for hiking and biking. Exploring the nearby canyons such as City Creek Canyon and the Millcreek Canyon makes great adventures on a nice summer day.
- The Utah Arts Festival. The amazing Arts Festival will be held June 21st-June 24th at the Library Square in Salt Lake City. This festival is full of music, performing artists, art showcases, food & drink, activities for the kids. There seriously something for everyone during this Festival.
- Fireworks at the park. The fireworks actually happen twice in the same month in July in Salt Lake City. You can enjoy Firework Celebrations for Independence Day and Pioneer Day, which is July 24th. It is one of the sweet joys of living in Salt Lake City Utah is that there are 2 firework shows in July, and fireworks are let off at almost every park in the Salt Lake Valley for both dates. Pioneer Day is huge in Utah, as they finally arrived in Salt Lake City on July 24th. Some traveling over 1000 miles in horrible conditions to flee religious persecution.
- Go to the pool or waterpark. If you need to cool down, you can choose one of the many options of local splash pads or pools, Liberty Park playground, or go for it all and take your family to Seven Peaks Water Park. It’s located just off Redwood Road and 2100 South. There is a wave pool, lazy river, thrilling tube rides, and kiddie areas so adults can relax. Everything you can imagine is inside the gates and there is plenty to do for everyone. I can promise you there won’t be any bored children.
- Twilight Concert Series at Pioneer Park. Since the start, over 20 years ago, the Twilight Concert Series brand has remained a Salt Lake City and Art Council asset. Those who have attended the concert regularly have long appreciated the highly-curated series. This summer you can expect the upcoming 2018 Twilight Concert Series to appeal to many diverse audiences.
- Drive-In Movie Theater. You’ll want to grab your blankets, beach chairs, and pack your cooler with your favorite beverages and snacks. You’ll be set for an evening of entertainment with two great shows for the whole family. The Redwood Drive-In gets its name from its location, which is just off Redwood Road at about 3500 South. See you there!
Salt Lake City is definitely the center of so many different cultures, libraries, gardens, parks, museums, amusement parks and areas that with so much to do and see. It can seriously keep you and your family busy all summer long. Now you just have to figure out where you are going to go and make sure you have the energy to do everything on your list. Good luck keeping up with your kids & you may want to stop in for some liquid energy once in a while. Have a great summer!